What is Fractal?
Fractal provides a presentation and transformation layer for complex data output, the like found in RESTful APIs, and works really well with JSON.
Fractal on Packagist
- Create a "barrier" between source data and output, so schema changes do not effect users
- Systematic type-casting of data, to avoid foreach()ing through and (bool)ing everything
- Embed (or nest) relationships for complex data structures
- Support the pagination of data results, for small and large data sets alike
- Generally ease the subtle complexities of outputting data in a non-trivial API
Fractal was created by Phil Sturgeon. Find him on Twitter at @philsturgeon.